CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!!

I hope this day finds you all well and celebrating the dads in your family. My Dad has passed on quite some time ago. I was in my mid twenties when I lost my parents just 18 months apart. And mother's day and father's day are bittersweet for me.

My Dad was a wonderful man, and a good provider for his family. His name was Vojislav Saric and he was born and raised in Yugoslavia, and met my mom (her name was Magdalene) when he was in Germany. He fought against the germans in WWII. He brought his bride to the USA in the 1950s. He was so proud to be here. He worked for Nabisco in Chicago for more than 30 years. He was a quiet man who never raised his voice. He adored his family especially his grandchildren. My son Christopher followed him around like a puppy. He loved to water the garden with his Opa. And sometimes Opa got watered too.

I remember Pop and Chris watching the A-Team and that show where the guy could do anything with a stick and some duct tape-whether it was build a bomb or some other contraption to get him out of a fix. Can't think of the name of the show at the moment. But they loved to watch these two shows together. Lots of memories.  It seems like only yesterday...........OXOXOXOXOX   

1 comments:

Dawn said...

McGuyver?! LOL I lost my parents 3 months apart in the same year, know you feel Sweetie! Take care and hope you have a great week!

Post a Comment