CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Sugar Scrub Recipe

Mary, here's the recipe. Hope you enjoy it. If anyone else would like to use it, please do. You will love it! I made it for my DIL and a good friend of mine as part of their christmas gift. I love this scrub. But please note  ( this is VERY important) because of the added cinnamon powder, do NOT use this scrub on your body. The cinnamon can cause irritation. It adds a nice scent making this scrub smell like cookies baking in the oven, but, it is not for people with sensitive skin . It is amazing for dry skin on hands and feet.

Snickerdoodle Hand and Foot Scrub:
1-1/4 cup brown sugar (light or dark whatever you have on hand)
1/3 cup olive oil
3 Tablespoons honey
1 Tablespoon cinnamon powder (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (also optional- just adds to the yummy scent)

Throw it all in the bowl of your kitchen aid and mix till blended. I used the wisk attachment. Package it in a pretty jar. Easy peasy, and a nice gift using stuff you probably have in your cupboard. These scrubs sell for more that 50 bucks at dept stores, and that's just crazy.

To use: massage about a tablespoon of the scrub onto wet hands or feet. Massage gently. Rinse and pat dry. Great to use at nite before bed. I use lotion after the scrub, then wear socks and cotton gloves to bed. I have really dry skin and this works wonders!

If I had a brain I would have taken a pic of how I packaged the gifts, but, I was suffering from fibrofog as usual. I also made a peppermint bath salt, Lavender Milk Bath, and an herbal body soak for them as well. If you'd like me to share the recipes and gift tags you can print for those, I'd be happy to. 

Yesterday I put up a question to my fibrofriends about the headaches I have been having, and here's an update. I went to run errands with Joey, and he ended up having to rush me over to my docs office. The headache was sooooo bad, and the field of blurred vision was getting larger. And it scared me. I have never had such pain in my head. And here's what she said. The inflamation in my neck / spine from the arthritis has gotten so bad that it's putting pressure on the arteries in my neck that go to the brain. Thus the headache and blurred vision. When we left to do our errands, the headache wasn't bad, just kind of reminding me it's there. My getting in and out of the car most likely made it worse. She talked to me about needing to go back on the cortico-steriods several months ago after blood work, but I HATE HATE HATE them. And if you've ever been on one, you know what I'm talking about. I will be virtually a prisoner in the house for a while as my immune system will be even less capable to fight off any virus/ infection. Your cold/flu can kill me. Sounds exteme I know, but it's true. But, if I can get rid of the blurred vision and the headaches it will be worth it. Poor Greg. More he'll have to take over (shopping, etc.) on his own. :(

And that my friends is all for today. I didn't sleep much last night from feeling jittery because of having to take 6 of the steroid at once. So I'm tired. I think I will nap a while. Have a wonderful day!  Gentle hugs, Marlene

0 comments:

Post a Comment