CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 10, 2010

Our Little Miracle is Home!

Oh joy! I finally got to hold Brayden. And I had a real hard time letting go when we had to leave. The kids were terrible and didn't tell me he was coming home yesterday. Somehow they talked Greg into keeping it from me and to bring me over to their place to see him. So Greg asked me to go with him to look at a possible tree job. So I said sure. I was glad to get out of the house for a bit. I asked why he needed the camera and he said the trees that he needs to cut are close to buildings and he wants to have pictures to look at to weigh his options on what is the best way to take them down. Well, I had not yet been to Ashley & Joey's place, so I had no idea whose house it was til I noticed Chris & Tiffany's car and then Ashley's car in the driveway. Joey and Ashley had been in Little Rock for more than a week as Brayden had surgery on tuesday to put tubes in his ears (for drainage) and they repaired his cleft lip. And I had no idea when they were going to be home.

What a wonderful and amazing surprise it was that they were home. Finally! Two days short of 4 months in the hospital. And of course I cried when I held him. Tears of joy that this little one is HERE. And tears for the tons of medical equipment all over the house. And tubes for breathing and feeding, etc. It was very overwhelming. I pray everyday that he will get stronger and healthier so he will not need the tubes and monitors, etc. The kids are amazing. Know just what to do, and how to care for him and all the equipment and meds. I am sooooo very proud of them. They have matured in so many ways. And it is obvious how much they love Brayden.

When I got there Chris was holding his little nephew. What an awesome brother he has been and always is there for Joey and Ashley. And Tiffany was able to take a break from her studies (nursing) and was there as well last night to welcome Brayden home. She has been a tremendous support to them as well.

Brayden is a handsome little guy. Adorable chubby cheeks.  I have some pics of me holding him and I will post them a bit later. (don't have a clue where the cord for my camera is at the moment!) But I have to warn you. I still look terrible. So don't be shocked when you see how awful I look. I still look very sickly, but I am good. I am getting stronger every day. Just like my little man Brayden.

0 comments:

Post a Comment