CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Happy Saturday!

Good afternoon everone. I hope you all are well and having a wonderful day! It's gonna be a HOT hot hot one here in Arkansas today. Well, spring was nice while it lasted! Greg is shopping with Amy for her birthday gift. I haven't been up to a trek to walmart, so we cheated. She is going to pick out her gift. I did make her a cake this morning. Okay- I cheated on that too. I have several cakes that I baked when I was having a good day and then put in the freezer so on days like this when I am in a bad flare and don't feel up to baking, all I have to do it take it out of the freezer and frost it. I made pretty pink cream cheese frosting and sprinkled pretty cake decor flowers on it. Gosh I'm gonna miss her. They move on June 3rd. I just hope and pray Greg's ex isn't going to be a snot about Amy visiting. It's gonna be really hard on Greg.

The kids came home yesterday from Little Rock for some very much needed rest. Brayden is stable now, and Joey has to go back to work on Monday. He is the breadwinner of his little family and he's already been off for two weeks. Ashley isn't strong enough herself to stay there on her own. She landed in the hopital overnight once already. They plan to stay at the hospital on Joey's days off. I know how hard it was for them to leave the hospital without their little one. My boys were preemies and were in the hospital for quite a while as well......

Chris and Tiffany were with them at the hospital overnite as well and have been a tremendous support to Joey and Ashley.

I got to see pics of Brayden. What a cutie he is. I only saw him briefly before the flight nurse whisked him off to the waiting helecopter. So it was so nice to see him! The photos were taken before his surgery. As soon as I get some actual photos (they were still on the camera) I will post some so you can see what a cutie he is.
They haven't yet closed his chest. They tried the day after the surgery but his BP fell, so they will wait a few more days to try again. Poor kid. I wish I could trade places with him. He has a long way to go and will have several more surgeries (one or two more before he will come home) so pretty please keep him in your prayers!!

So, that's my news for today. Love and hugs!

0 comments:

Post a Comment